Presentation Portal Sign InThank you for your interest in presenting an abstract for HAIRCON 2020. The contribution of presenters is critical and we value your input greatly. Please sign into the Presentation Portal with your account email address and password. If you do not have an account already, please create a new account below.
CATEGORIES OF SUBMISSION1. INNOVATION paper criteria
The submissions can be novel techniques, unique approaches in specific subject, innovative use of existing instrument/technology and research which establishes new insight into hair treatment / diagnostics /practice of trichology or hair restoration. The innovation should be an original invention/discovery. Ten abstracts would be shortlisted, of which 5 would be chosen for presentation. It can include: A publication in a peer reviewed journal. It can include an article which has been submitted for publication/approved. It can include an unpublished or completed research. For shortlisted abstracts, a full text article would be necessary for final selection. If it is a device, a video of how device works will be requested.
It should be accompanied by a disclaimer that it is an original invention of the author/authors.
The scientific jury HAIRCON 2020, will select 5 papers, out of which the best paper will be awarded with Best Innovation award.
A jury will be constituted who will assess the innovation with respect to
- Originality and scientific logic
- Materials and methods
- Reliability of results
- Utility( Relevance)
2. AWARD Paper Criteria
For oral presentation award papers, it should be an original study- case report/short studies won’t be accepted for award category
A jury will be constituted for each category of paper, who will assess with respect to the below fields
- Originality of the idea
- Analysis of results
- Utility ( Relevance)
- Thoroughness of discussion- Quality of writing style in term of accuracy, clarity, readability, and organization of the study
- Quality of research/study - Quality of research incorporating; (i) critical analysis of current literature, theories and findings, and (ii) consistency and coherency of the study
- Positioning - Clear positioning of paper in existing national & international literature with a conclusion(s) that is both convincing and of significant potential
3. E- POSTER AWARD
The scientific jury will select top ten E posters out of which the best poster will be awarded prize by a jury.
Maximum 5 PowerPoint slides to be aligned for the e poster Short Oral presentation of the awarded E poster on ... we can put a small segment of 4 to 5 minutes somewhere in program.
The remaining entries can display their E posters at HAIRCON 2020
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONAll abstracts must be submitted through the official website www.haircon2020.com.
- Submitting an abstract DOES NOT register you for HAIRCON 2020 unless the payment formalities are completed either immediately or at a later stage, within the last date of abstract submission.
- The abstracts must contain original content which is not published or presented at any other national or international conferences prior to the HAIRCON 2020.
- As the official language for the conference is English, the abstracts must be submitted and presented in English only.
- The abstract should not be more than 350 words, which should be typed in the box provided on the online abstract submission page.
- The abstract should contain the following sub headings;
- Aims & Objectives
- Materials & Methods
- Authors are allowed to submit one table/ graph with their abstract. You will find an option to upload jpeg/ pdf on the online abstract submission page. Kindly note that the system will not take the files which are heavier than 1 MB.
- Once the abstract is submitted, NO REVISIONS/ EDITING will be allowed. Authors have the option to SAVE the abstracts as a DRAFT in case they feel that the abstracts needs to be reworked on.
- When submitting an abstract for review, make sure you click the submit button one time only. If you do not click the submit button, your abstract will be saved in the “drafts” section of the submission site. “Draft” submissions will not be considered for review.
- Notification regarding acceptance of the submission along with the guidelines for presentation will be sent to the author to the email provided while submitting the abstract.
- The author may choose between the option of ePoster or Oral presentation or e-video. However, the scientific committee reserve the right to accept / reject / assign a different presentation type to all the abstracts submitted.
- The abstracts sent in the mail will not be accepted for review.
IMPORTANT DATESAbstract Submission to be opened – 1st November 2019
Results to be announced – 5th February 2020
Abstract submission deadline is extended till 31st January 2020.
Guidelines for E-Poster presentation:
- As an E-Poster presenter you are asked to prepare a single Microsoft PowerPoint slide and save it as PDF. This will be displayed on a wide screen monitor between 40-42 inches.
- The presentation should be in landscape orientation with a screen ratio of 16:9.
- As the poster is treated as a single poster presentation you should not have additional slides – only one. The file size should not exceed 16 Megabytes
- Avoid overlapping, animated objects or serial animations. Only the final view/status per slide will be visible as all uploaded presentations will be converted and published in PDF format.
- All graphs and tables must be embedded in your file and have titles
- Avoid animated GIF files and be careful to respect copyright and personal anonymity with your images or photos
- Do not insert or embed any videos in your presentation
- Do not include hyperlinks as there will be no internet access on the E-Poster screens.
- Abstract guidelines for the E-poster will be same as that of the oral presentation.
- Posters will be submitted directly to the scientific committee on the email or they can be uploaded to the website www.haircon2020.com
- Font type: Please use Times New Roman or Arial.
- Font size: The font size should be 14pt or bigger
- Images and tables: You are welcome to use images and tables in your presentation
- Restriction: Please do not include audio in your presentation
Guidelines for Video presentation:
- An abstract must be submitted along with each surgical video submission.
- Information for all authors involved in the submission must be entered via the online submission process.
- The identity of the authors, institutions, and/or names of hospitals should be excluded from the surgical video submission.
- The surgical video may not exceed 4 minutes in length or 100 MB. Acceptable frame size: no smaller than full screen (640 x 480 or 720 x 820 pixels)
- Video format: The Scientific Committee will accept videos in .mp4, .mov, .avi, or .wmv format. Videos must be playable on Windows PC (Windows Media Player or QuickTime Player).